Dotmod Dotbox 220W
The dotmod dotBox 220W utilizes a robust chipset with good features you gonna love and is paired with a new display which we gonna talk about it. As the original dotBox 200W became a classic, They are here trying to keep the same feel and intentions of that device and put a modern spin on it with the dotBox 220W. It is made of anodized aluminum with a centrally located 510 connector that allows you to use any atomizer up to 25mm in diameter even you can use 26mm.
With a lot of modes, the 220w allowing you to dial in the perfect hit every time. Also, there are two memory presets that allow you to save two of your favorite power modes/settings for quick and easy use.
Well, then fellas, let’s bring all the aspects to the table and talk about each of them. In this review, I gonna share my experience on this device with you and let you decide in the end which is good for you.
Features of Dotmod Dotbox 220w
- Dimensions 85mm by 46mm by 25mm
- Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries – Not Included
- Wattage Output Range: 5-220W
- Voltage Output Range: 1-8V
- Resistance Range: 0.08-2.5ohm
- Modes ( Power Mode, Bypass Mode, Curve Mode, TC Mode, Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel Wire Compatible)
- Two Memory Preset, Two Memory Preset Buttons
- Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
- Intuitive Firing Button
- Display Screen
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- Magnetic Battery Door
- Protection ( Overload Protection, Temperature Protection, Low Battery Protection, 10s Vaping Overtime Protection, Short-Circuit Protection, Low/High Resistance Protection, Atomizer Protection )
- Threaded 510 Connection
- Colors: Black, Gold, Red, Royal Blue
Inside the box of Dotmod dotbox 220w
- DotBox 220W
- Eight silicone pads (spare)
- Type-C cable
- User manual
From the first look, you can see how this mod is classy and fancy. On the back door, there is a dotmod branding. Also, if you remove this door you will see the place of the 18650 battery and charging port. On the front, there is a firing button, display, up and down buttons in gold. If you remove the front door you will find two preset buttons and some good-looking pattern on the device. The dotbox very light, you will be surprised how is light after you carry it in your bands. On the bottom there are four pads stick to the mod to make the mod steady when you put it on the table for example. Also, there are spares inside the box. 510 connection on the top that allows you to use up to 26mm.
An extra thing, if you have more than one of these mods you can switch doors between them which is cool. It gives you more color options and nice looks also. imagine, if you put blue doors on the black one, I bet, it will be very cool.
- Powering on: 5 clicks on the fire button.
- Powering off: 5 clicks on the fire button again.
- Power output locked: 4 clicks on the fire button ( the up and down buttons are locked but you can still vape if you press the fire button)
- Power output unlocked: 4 clicks on the fire button again.
- Login into modes: 3 clicks on the fire button.
- ( Power Mode, Bypass Mode, Curve Mode, Nickel, TC Mode, Titanium, Stainless Steel Wire Compatible, setting, and Exit)
- Setting: you can change the theme color, you will find plenty of them to switch between them, I loved the black theme more than the other.
- Wattage up to 220w, you just press the button forward and backward to adjust your favorite wattage.
- To adjust the values inside the resistance box, you just press the up button and the fire button at the same time.
- Preset buttons to save and load the favorite settings that you want.
- You have to choose what setting fits you and save it by pressing one of the preset buttons.
- For though, you have two preset which make you have two options only to save but it is nice anyway.
The display contains ( wattage, resistance, voltage, mode, battery indicator, and puff counts), the fonts are small hard to read. I would like if they make the font a little bit bigger which was easy for them to make because there is a big space on the display.
It comes with a lot of themes ( gold, marble, black, red, rainbow, and blue), personally, I liked the black theme. It is more clear and more classic which I prefer.
A verdict of Dotmod Dotbox 220w
To sum up this review on Dotmod Dotbox 220w, I can say I like it too much. It has a lot of advantages and options that fit each one of us. It is easy to navigate between the setting and choose what you want. I love the design of it, its weight is very light which is surprises me. 510 connection, you can use atomizer up to 26mm even you can use 28mm but it will not be nice. I recommend this Dotmod Dotbox 220w for sure, you gonna love it.
Dotmod Dotbox 220w
- Its weight very light
- Build material is too good
- Swap doors and customize colors
- Easy to navigate
- Two preset save option
- Type C
- Display, Fonts are small
- 18650 battery, it would be cool if it was 21700