Last Updated on August 11, 2021 by Ibra
Voopoo Argus Air Review
Today, It’s time for a new pod that I hopefully you get what you are searching for with it. We are going to cover all the aspects of this new pod. I am going to Share my point of view and my usage for this pod. Today, it’s time for Voopoo Argus Air, The Pod Version of the GT.
It’s a combination of metal and leather for exciting visual sense. It’s equipped with GENE.AI chip to intelligently identify the coil and matches the power. With its 25 W max output by the 900 mAh built-in battery. And more to come during the review.
Voopoo Argus Air Features
- Size: 95.3×31.4×19.3 mm
- Material: Leather + Zinc Alloy
- POD Material: PCTG
- Power Range: 5-25 W
- Capacity: 3.8 ml
- Resistance Range: 0.6-3.0 ohm
- Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2 V
- Battery: 900 mAh Built-in
- Side filling design
- Output over-current protection
- Over-discharge protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Max power protection
- Overtime protection
- Short circuit protection
- Overcharge protection
- Compatible Coils: PnP coils of 0.6 ohm and above
- Support both button and pneumatic start modes
- 0.54 inch OLED screen to display the vaping data clearly
- Suitable for FreeBase and Nic Salt
- Standard Coils: PnP-TM1 0.6 ohm mesh coil(20-25 W, Nicotine 35 mg)
- GENE.AI, identify the coil and match the power intelligently, restore the your favorite power
- Rotate the standard cartridge 180° and insert it to bring unparalleled comfort to MTL and RDL
- 7 color options: Classic Black, Carbon Fiber, Vintage Grey, Vintage Brown, Red & Black, Desert Camouflage, Snow Land Camouflage
Includes inside Voopoo Argus Air
- ARGUS Air Device
- Standard Cartridge(3.8 ml)
- Pod Cartridge(Built-in 0.8 ohm coil, 3.8 ml)
- PnP-TM1, 0.6 ohm
- Type-C Cable
- User Manual
Opening the box, you will be surprised by how small this pod is. You can put side by side to a 18650 battery and it is too much same size. With leather covering most of the body which has a nice fell. I love how it looks, love the design and love the size. 900 mAh internal battery is another thing to offer, Large and small airways. and the most exciting thing is its compatibility with PnP Series coils, It’s a big pro for me.
Well folks, let’s explain more and covering all the aspects in detail from scratch until its usage and its performance.
All the aspects about Voopoo Argus Air
Around 95 mm height, small pod device, OLED screen that are some of the design features of voopoo Argus air. It comes with one button operation placed in front of the pod. Under the operation button, they placed the screen. Very nice OLED Screen, with its battery indicator, wattage, puff counter and resistance, I like its position on the device. It comes with lovely color options and weighs 68 grams only with a pod installed. It also has a USB-C port located on the bottom. Easy to build, easy to carry and easy to hold.
The Argus Air utilizes one-button operation. It is not a big deal for a device like this. So, this is how it works:
- Five clicks to turn the device on
- Three clicks to access wattage adjustment
- Wattage round robins from 1-25 watts
- Hold the fire button to lock in your setting
- When on, five clicks to access the menu
- Press the fire button to cycle through the options
- Hold the fire button to select: lock, power off, puff clear and exit
- When locked, click the fire button five times to unlock
May be you consider the 900mAh battery doesn’t seem too big but it actually lasts a long time. The on-screen battery indicator gives you an idea of how much charge you have left. After reaching one bar, you have to charge it as soon as possible because it does not do pass through charging. Charging the Argus Air took a little over an hour.
A big pro for the Argus Air is that it has a Type-C charge port that supports 2A fast charging. It doesn’t support pass-through charging so you have to wait until it’s finished to vape. Either that or remove it early if you really need a vape!
The pods are what really make me love the Argus Air and make it a unique device. Instead of just one one or the other, the Argus Air comes with a replaceable pod and a pod that takes replaceable coils. This allows you to purchase replaceable pods if you want the convenience of just filling it up and vaping, but also gives you the option of using replaceable coils if you want the option of using Voopoo’s other PNP coils.
There is one thing to note about these pods is that out of the box, the replaceable pod is for MTL and the other pod is for DL vaping. You can get some MTL coils for this pod like the PNP-R1 0.8 ohm coil or the PNP-R2 1.0 ohm coil.
Both pods are identical except for the fill plug.The replaceable pod has a blue fill plug and the pod that takes coils has a black fill plug. The fill plugs are sturdy and the plug is deep. The fill hole is pretty big and I didn’t have any trouble filling, even with 100 ml bottles.
After using the Argus Air I got the flavor I want. It delivers the flavor very good, I like it. and the airflow is very good too.
ARGUS Air intelligently identifies the coil and matches the power. Not only that but when you find your favorite power, GENE.AI will restore your exclusive power each time you plug and unplug the cartridge.
Final thoughts about Voopoo Argus Air
In conclusion, It’s a functional device that you can use it anywhere. With its small size, pod systems and its performance, I love the device and I recommend it specially for new vapors. The flavor, draw, and overall performance are excellent. Finally, I think that All brands should do what Voopoo do, design a coil platform and go with it for long time. A platform works on every kinds of devices of that brand.
Voopoo Argus Air
- Clever adjustable airflow system
- Bright OLED screen
- Compatible with PnP coil heads and RBA (>0.6 ohms)
- Nice build quality
- Suitable for MTL and RDL
- Dual-firing mechanism
- USB-C fast charging
- No pass-through charging