Last Updated on October 15, 2020 by Ibra
Voopoo Drag X review
Hello Folks, today I gonna bring you one of the best pods this year, 100% sure of this. It’s Voopoo drag X.
Firstly, Voopoo is an electronic cigarette brand under ICCPP. Which integrates product R&D, manufacture, sales, and brand operation, is a global high-tech enterprise with “technology innovation” and “customer service” as its core competitiveness. After years of development, it has become one of the outstanding brands in the international vaping category and enjoys a worldwide reputation. It is perhaps best known for its Dragline of successful vape mods. Their modern designs, clean edges, and attractive panels made them a hit.
The Drag X is a ‘pod mod’ that is similar in a lot of ways to Voopoo’s Vinci devices. It uses the same PnP coils as the Vinci line and also features adjustable wattage; 5-80W on the Drag X. The device uses Voopoo’s new GENE.TT chipset has large full-color screens and a 4.5ml capacity pod. The Drag X takes a single 18650 which makes it feel more like a mod, especially since a 510 adapter is in the works according to Voopoo, and charges through a USB Type-C port.
Voopoo Drag X 80W Pod Mod Kit Features
- GENE.TT Chipset
- Dimensions – 95mm by 32.5mm by 28mm
- Single High-Amp 18650 Battery
- Wattage Output Range: 5-80W
- Voltage Output Range: 3.2-4.2V
- Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
- Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
- Intuitive Firing Button
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- Infinite Airflow Adjustment Buttons
- Color Display Screen
- 4.5mL PnP Pod Tank Capacity
- Bottom Fill System – Silicone Stoppered
- 0.15ohm PnP-VM6 Coil – rated for 60-80W
- 0.3ohm PnP-VM1 Coil – rated for 32-40W
- Compatible with all PnP Coils & RBA
- Press Fit Coil Installation
- Magnetic Pod Connection
- Overtime Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Overcharge Protection
- Max Power Protection
- Output Overcurrent Protection
- Over-Discharge Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Battery Reverse Protection
- MicroUSB Type-C Port
- Available in Classic, Retro, Carbon Fiber, Mashup, Chestnut, Marsala, Galaxy Blue
- Newly released color options: Dark Knight, Silver Knight, Bronze Knight, and Iron Knight
Includes of Drag X
- Drag X Device
- 4.5mL PnP Pod Tank
- 0.3 ohm PnP-VM1 Coil
- 0.15 ohm PnP-VM6 Coil
- Type-C Cable
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
- Chip Card
Design and Build Quality
When you look at the design of the drag X you can see why it’s so amazing device that is. With its metal accented buttons, beautiful design frame. The design lines are clean and modern and that gives this device a sophisticated look. From a front view, the Drag X looks like what the Drag 3 could look like. With 95 mm x 32.5 mm x 28 mm, And with its shape and reduced width, the form factor is great on the device. As for weight, the DRAG X at around 165 grams is close to the 175 grams of the Vinci X. Outside of size and weight, the battery cap on drag X feels high quality, opens easily, and clicks in place securely.
In addition to the sleek zinc alloy frame, the Drag X also has an amazing back panel. This panel adds a bit of cushion and it feels high quality. The panel is stitched around the contour for an added look of sophistication. The large DRAG would be strange but it blends better than it does on the mods. Its leather seems like a real feather, I’m not sure but its touch is unbelievable so it’s hard to tell the difference. This is some of the best looking and most well-built pod device out there. The screen is colorful and bright and wattage is visible even under direct sunlight. The transparent PCTG material used on the pods is a great fit for the mod.
The pod looks more like a tank than a traditional pod. It’s sturdy and the magnets that attach it to the battery are super strong. It looks like Voopoo went all out to ensure that the Drag X is as well designed and well-built as can be and they did a really good job. As far as design and build quality go, I haven’t found a single con.
There’s a knob at the back of the devices that can be used to open or close the airflow slots. There’s one airflow slot on each side of the device, just below where the pod sits. This knob feels very sturdy and opening or closing the airflow has the perfect amount of resistance. It’s not too loose nor too stiff. I like the way they made it, Great job by Voopoo on the airflow adjustment system.
Chipset & Modes of Drag X
The button combination on the Drag X is the same as the Vinci X:
- Power ON/OFF: Click the fire button 5 times.
- Change Modes: Click the fire button 3 times to change between ‘smart’ and ‘RBA’ mode.
- Lock/Unlock the device (including fire button): Hold the up adjustment button and power button.
- Clear the puff counter: Hold the bottom adjustment button and power button.
- View your puffs per day: Hold both adjustment buttons to display a graph that shows your puffs each day. This information is kept for two weeks.
- Set the device time: Hold all 3 buttons to set the device time.
The GENE.TT chipset feels like an updated GENE.AI chip with one main addition. There’s a score ranking mode taking up around half of the screen, which calculates some type of a score every time you take a puff and adds it to a cumulative score. It seems to be granting you some medals depending on your level or something along these lines.
The 0.3-ohm coil is a familiar one for me. It’s a very nice vape at 40W. It’s warm and pleasant and the flavor is up there with the best pod vapes. I kept the airflow about a third of the way closed for an airy direct lung draw.
The 0.15-ohm coil. The flavor is impressive and noticeably very good. Although this coil is rated for 60-80W, I found that it performed best in the 50-60W range and I usually vaped it from 50-55W. I kept the airflow either fully open or only slightly closed and the vapor is still very, very warm. It’s a hot vape that delivers on flavor and clouds.
In addition to the great performance of the coils, what impressed me the most is not the flavor. I had the faintest bits of condensation on the bottom of the pod and the contacts, but otherwise, there was no e-liquid to be found. The bottom of the pod and the battery compartment stayed nearly completely dry and I didn’t have any instances of leakage.
Drag X is a fantastic device. The design is nice, the build quality is just amazing, the screen is nice, and you can even adjust your airflow. You can fire at up to 80W and takes an external battery.
The only thing I would change about this device is the scoring system. I could do without it taking up so much screen space. Otherwise, there isn’t anything I can complain about. These are exclusively direct lung devices out of the box but if you want an MTL experience, you can try picking up some of the MTL PnP coils.
All in all, Drag X is an exceptional pod device. And with the coming 510 adapters for the Drag X, it could be a mod that you use for a long time into the future.
Voopoo Drag X
- Excellent build quality
- Large transparent pods
- Large filling port (and a good plug)
- Strong magnets
- A large and bright color screen
- Fully adjustable airflow
- No leaking whatsoever
- Great flavor and vapor production on both coils
- 510 adapter is in the works
- USB Type-C charging port
- The scoring feature doesn’t seem useful
- DRAG X resets the time when you swap batteries
- The mouthpiece may get hot at times